Hi there, Friends!
As you know, Vail holds a special place in our hearts. Jonny and I got married here in 2014 and before that, many of my childhood memories were spent just outside of the Village. I received so many notes requesting recommendations about our favorite places in this lovely mountain town and have been meaning to give you a little tour. I shared a few of my favorite spots last fall, but winter is often the most popular time so I wanted to be sure and share some of our winter picks as well!
Where to Eat
- Up The Creek: Serene view, affordable, local favorite, same day reservations
- Mountain Standard: New, fun and cozy atmosphere, new-American cuisine, early reservations suggested!
- Sweet Basil: Romantic, modern, new-American cuisine, early reservations suggested!
- Matsuhisa: Sushi, creative and modern atmosphere, early reservations suggested!
Wheret to Apres
- The Red Lion: live music, cozy, good drinks
- Los Amigos: great view of the mountain, endless chips, great margs
- Garfinkel's: (Lionshead) best nachos in town, drink specials, and yummy apps
Where to Stay
- The Sebastian: We love the Sebastian (shared our love for this hotel here and here)
- The Tivoli: Cozy, doggy friendly, ski in ski out, wonderful breakfast in the morning, and a cozy apres scene with cookies and drinks in the afternoon.
- The Sonnenalp: Charming, walkable, doggy friendly, great spa, wonderful service!
- The Four Seasons: So cozy, walkable, doggy friendly, wonderful service!
Where to Shop
- Blitz Boutique: This whole look is from Blitz, wore more from them here, here and here as well! They have a great location, right by the covered bridge into town and just outside of the parking garage (so it is always hard for me to avoid).
- Gorsuch: Gorgeous furry things and ski outfit inspo!
- Odd Molly: The whole store and website is painted pink... need I say more?